Monday, March 9, 2009

A Few Things...

The girls officially started their second week of daycare or "school" this morning. After a little crying last Wednesday, it has been easy peasy!! They love school. They ran in today and gave both of their teachers big hugs!! Miss Bonnie said that they should probably give Mommy and Daddy a hug good-bye and we got barely a wave as they ran to wash their hands for breakfast. This is pretty much how it has been since Thursday. Nick said on Thursday that they don't need us anymore...very sad for Mommy. They were disappointed on Saturday when we got up and they found out they weren't going to school. It was all better though when we got to go play with their friends, Darius and Sydney, that evening.

It was very nice on Friday afternoon, because they started taking down the fence around the park outside our back gate. We took full advantage on Saturday afternoon and played at the park for over an hour. (We probably would have stayed longer, but when I brought the camera in the house, Darius and Sydney's mom called and wanted to know if we wanted to go out to eat with them at a Turkish restaurant that we haven't been to yet...umm...yeah!!) So in we came and bathed our filthy kids before we went to the Anthony's house.

Nick's test on Tuesday went pretty well. He is torn on how he did. He has been so close the last two years and doesn't want to get his hopes up, but he figured out that he pretty much has to bomb his tests to not make it. The bad part is that he won't have results until June or July...a long time to wait. :-( We will put those thoughts on the back burner for now...

I start my job on Monday. I have a ton of things to do to get access to the government system and I have to go in and get my CAC (common access card) to be able to log in. After that I have some computer training/tseting to do and that all has to be done before I can go in and work on my first day...which is actually Tuesday. I am very excited to start and I will keep you all updated on how it goes...and how awesome it is to have my own office. :-)

No comments: